DON'T PLAY THIS GAME!!

About a week ago I discovered this 2017 game called Little Alchemy 2, and ever since, it has been the bane of my existence. The gist of it is you start with the basic ‘elements’: fire, water, earth, and air, and can combine them to create other things in existence. For example, fire + water makes steam, and earth + water = mud. You can also combine pairs of items, like water + water = puddle and solar system + solar system = galaxy. So far these have made sense, but there are also incredibly dumb and inexplicable combinations. I’m talking about things like seahorse + philosophy = small. What is the logic behind this? I suppose one could maybe claim that through ‘philosophical thinking’, a small object or animal creates the idea of small, but that is a major stretch. The concept is pretty fun and discovering new objects is actually satisfying, but the reason I hate the game so much is because of how ADDICTING it is. Once you start, there is no stopping until all objects have been discovered, and there are a lot of objects -- 720 to be precise, and I’m barely halfway done. There’s even more things to discover if you purchase the additional content packs, like Myths and Monsters, which allows you to make more fantastical creatures like trolls and elves. But I will never ever do that. I’m already addicted as is. I visit the game page every day, each time vowing to only spend ten minutes on it at a time, but I always fail. Before I know it, I’ve spent hours of the day dragging one block of coloured pixels to another. Every time I finish off a long session, I regret having begun at all. The game is called Little Alchemy, but it should really be Little Addiction. Against my better judgement, I’ll include the link to the game here. But I implore you, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!

Image from https://littlealchemy2.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Read The Crucible

I Decided to Join a Zoom Call